Pheasant chicks

Newseramabreeder

Chirping
Nov 6, 2021
I just bought 5 one week old pheasant chicks yesterday there in something like a rabbit hutch but on the ground with grass and the. A box they have not walked outside since yesterday there just staying in the box is it normal also how can I be sure they are eating and drinking I haven’t seen any of them drink and only saw one or two eat?

What breed of pheasant…..did you dip their beaks to show any where the water was? You may want to check the box and make sure they are all okay and coax them to come out and explore a bit. Pheasant chicks can be a little tougher than chicken chicks to brood/grow-out

What breed of pheasant…..did you dip their beaks to show any where the water was? You may want to check the box and make sure they are all okay and coax them to come out and explore a bit. Pheasant chicks can be a little tougher than chicken chicks to brood/grow-out
There ring neck pheasants and yes they are drinking now but they been in there since last night

Does the rabbit hutch have a wire floor? or is it open to the ground? How are you providing a heat source for them?
They will take a day or two to adjust to their new surroundings.

Does the rabbit hutch have a wire floor? or is it open to the ground? How are you providing a heat source for them?
They will take a day or two to adjust to their new surroundings.
No it is grass on the outside and wood with hay in the box and they have a heat lamp it is also staying in the upper 70s mostly we’re i live

Back
Top Bottom