Pheasant egg fertility

Well its one of two things. It either has something to do with your incubator which it sounded like you were incubating fine. Number two which I think it is, its your male. If males are young they might not know what to do yet. It takes time for them and remember just because you have eggs doesn't mean they are fertile.

Also I think its funny you get eggs in November because its warmer where you live. Where I live I have to wait until April to start seeing eggs.

Thanks Pheasant guy for your response. I keep trying to incubate the eggs; one batch of 42 pheasant eggs a month. Success rate has increased to almost 50% up from about 10%. t is still a little frustrating but I appreciate the improvement. One of the things I believe helped the most is lowering the temp from 100F to 99.1F. Humidity is kept stable at 50-55%. I will try to raise the humidity to 80% at day 21.Fertility is a lot better over 85% but many of the eggs do not hatch. I have inspected the unhatched eggs and there are many fully developed yet unhatched embryos. My pens are 14'x 14'and have one male with 4 hen. Yes....Incubating is an addictive thing...

I would keep your humidity when hatching from 55-65. 80% is way to high plus its really hard to get it at 80% regardless of what you do. Also depending on the incubator some say 99.5-100 degrees. Google your type of incubator and go off of that. Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom