Pheasant pen design ?!?!?!:)

Crestcrazy2

🕷spooder lover🕷
Apr 29, 2020
Missouri
Hello all .

I am thinking about getting three red golden pheasant chicks and and I need to come up with a pen design
That will work for them , so ANY ideas are very welcome!!😁

I do have one idea but I want to hear
Yours first .

Also I have a couple questions , will
A pair be ok , like if I included a lot
Of hiding places for her to hide
If he gets to crazy with her ?
Do they roost ?
Can i just feed them game bird feed?
Will they go broody and raise there
Own young?

Thanks in advance .
Josh

Hello all .

I am thinking about getting three red golden pheasant chicks and and I need to come up with a pen design
That will work for them , so ANY ideas are very welcome!!😁

I do have one idea but I want to hear
Yours first .

Also I have a couple questions , will
A pair be ok , like if I included a lot
Of hiding places for her to hide
If he gets to crazy with her ?
Do they roost ?
Can i just feed them game bird feed?
Will they go broody and raise there
Own young?

Thanks in advance .
Josh
Hey Josh, You can keep them in pairs but it's better to have 1 male to 5-6 hens, Golden males can be pretty aggressive at times, so more hens and plenty of hiding places and perches help to relieve aggression to 1 single hen.

Yes, Goldens will roost, usually in the highest place that they can reach.

A complete and balanced feed of 24% protein is all that is needed to maintain the birds. Occasional scratch grains or BOSS can be given as treats.

In general, they will not go broody. If they do, usually they will leave the nest at some point along the way before they actually hatch out a clutch.

HTH

Hey Josh, You can keep them in pairs but it's better to have 1 male to 5-6 hens, Golden males can be pretty aggressive at times, so more hens and plenty of hiding places and perches help to relieve aggression to 1 single hen.

Yes, Goldens will roost, usually in the highest place that they can reach.

A complete and balanced feed of 24% protein is all that is needed to maintain the birds. Occasional scratch grains or BOSS can be given as treats.

In general, they will not go broody. If they do, usually they will leave the nest at some point along the way before they actually hatch out a clutch.

HTH
Thank you for your reply !!
if I do end up getting at least one of both genders then I will be sure to to provide lots of hiding places for the female.

if their enclosure was to be 6 feet high should I put to the roost around 5 feet high?

If she does go broody for a small period Of time should I wait a couple days to get them started and then move them to artificial incubation?

how do you tell if they're pure red golden pheasants instead of mixes with the lady Amherst?

P.S.
Sorry for all the questions . And thank you for your help !

Screenshot_20200611-115242.png
heres my very crude design

did you make this pen? I'm looking for ideas for ringneck pheasant. I'm looking to do a 10 x10 dog kennel with cover

did you make this pen? I'm looking for ideas for ringneck pheasant. I'm looking to do a 10 x10 dog kennel with cover
Unfortunately no , that opportunity has passed and I wasn't able to get the pheasants anyway . Thanks for asking ! I think your idea sounds fine (emphasise on think )

Back
Top Bottom