Pheasant sneeze

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by Pheasant, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Pheasant

Pheasant Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2012
    Hi Everyone

I have a 16 month old Yellow Golden Pheasant that has been sneezing or a type of dry cough for a couple of months. I gave it antibiotics for a week 2 months ago it helped a little bit but it started once again a month later. Then I heard that it just had to
    be dewormed and that a smashed pumpkin will work as a natural remedy and it worked for a while but he just started again.
    So i have been told that Wazine 17 will make it better; this my first year breeding pheasants and I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    When you worn your birds you need to worm them again 30 days after to kill the cycle.
    In N.H.,Tony.

3. Pheasant

Aug 23, 2012
    Thanks Tony; but will wazine 17 help my pheasant?

4. Tony K T

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Wazine 34% is better.I use ivemec myself.Wazine 17% is just to weak in my opionion,
    In N.H.,Tony.

5. ranit

ranit Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Illinois
    I prefer the ivermec also as it works on several different intestinal worm and I believe the Wazine is only for round worms.

6. Pheasant

Aug 23, 2012
    Would this help the sneezing/coughing?

7. Tony K T

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    It certainly won't hurt them.I couldn't tell for sure if it will help or not.Have you determined if it is worms?Wazine,piperazine,ivemec,safeguard are all wormers.What are the birds living conditions?Is it near chickens,turkeys,ducks,ect.?What are you feeding them?Do they have a place to keep drafts off from them?
    In N.H.,Tony.

8. Pheasant

Aug 23, 2012
    My golden pheasant is in a 6x6 foot cage by itself, well covered from the elements. I feed him agrimaster meet producer for high a protein diet for the upcoming winter and all kinds of fruits and vegetables.

9. adriano

adriano Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Ireland
    6 by 6 is to small for a pheasant.
    They need more room than that for sure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by