Pheasant with broken leg!!! HELP!

EriRojas

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 11, 2013
California
So I was showing my Melanistic Mutant Chick and he jumped out of the aquarium we had him in. And he hurt himself when he fell to the floor I heard a popping sound. Like when you break a chicken bone in half. He can't walk now his leg is all broken I can feel it, it's broken in the upper part right before it is connected to the body. How can I fix it? What can I do? Can I give it anything for the pain? I don't want it to die.... Please help.

This is one of my pet pheasants, not the ones I commercially raise so in really concerned. It's my favorite and not want it to die... Please if anyone knows of anything that will help it please do tell me. I will highly appreciate it!

It's in the upper part of the leg almost were it connects to the body it's impossible to splint it, do you think it will survive?

It might have a chance if you can figure out a way to immobilize the whole leg and then place the bird in a sling.

-Kathy

He's doing fine, he's eating and everything. Just limps. The femur is broken all the way to the top. It's hard to immobilize it. Idk how to

Back
Top Bottom