1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pheasants and Chickens in the same coop?

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by kcscrapper, Sep 13, 2013.

1. kcscrapper

kcscrapper Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2013
    Can they be kept in the same coop? My Grandson's friend 's dad found 2 eggs and hatched them one died but they still have one alive and looking for a home for it... I need to know before i deside to take this bird..I wish this guy hadn't taken the eggs..These birds are protected in the State of Michigan ..The DNR just replanted the birds in our area in the spring...We haven't had pheasants around here in 30 plus years..They werer over hunted...[​IMG]

Thank you for any reply..

Ellen

2. PheasantsFirst

PheasantsFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2013
    Eastern Washington
    You shouldn't keep pheasants and chickens in the same pen, chickens can give pheasants a lot of diseases.

3. Tara Black

Tara Black Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2013
    Dover DE
    You should see about giving it to a wildlife rehab or bird rescue. You could just say you found it and didn't want anything to happen to it.

4. PheasantsFirst

PheasantsFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2013
    Eastern Washington
    That reminded me, you should check to see if you need a permit to keep gamebirds, some states do, others don't.

5. lovechickenswis

lovechickenswis Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2013
    Central Wisconsin
    I keep a hen pheasant with my chickens, I have had no problems. She is at the top of the pecking order and a wonderful mom to her baby chickens.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by