Pheasants in Texas

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by HoneyPotRanch, Jul 20, 2010.

1. HoneyPotRanch

HoneyPotRanch New Egg

Jul 20, 2010
    New here, and looking for pheasant chicks for sale in Central Texas. Too hot to ship, I would think. Any advice, and thanks!

2. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    Where in Central Texas? It is a big state. What are you looking for? They have ornamental's. There is a ranch by Conroe that I got eggs this spring but they sell chicks and adults. It is a neat place just to go tour. they have a website: www.peacocksnmore.com

3. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    Quote:Wow .. I work in Conroe and didn't know about this place .. cool!

4. spectrumranch

spectrumranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:What type are you looking for?

We are selling most of our breeder pheasants and have some started chicks left for sale. It would be to hot to ship to texas for us. But maybe coming to TX this fall.

5. HoneyPotRanch

HoneyPotRanch New Egg

Jul 20, 2010
    Quote:Yes, I know. Been here all my life. [​IMG] I'm close to Austin but willing to travel. I've looked at their site but figured I could probably find some closer. I haven't had much luck with Craigslist and figured someone here was probably from the same general area. The birds will be an experiment to see if I enjoy them and will basically be pets so other than being beginner friendly, really didn't have a type or breed preference. Thanks for the responses!

6. Dianh55

Dianh55 New Egg

Apr 21, 2013
  7. pheasantfrenzie

pheasantfrenzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    Montrose,Co
    I also am selling alot of my chicks and Adult breeder birds. I have Red And Yellow, Reeves Pairs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by