pheasents

russellville chickens

Hatching
10 Years
Apr 10, 2009
hey i bought to pair of pheasnts today and i no nothing about them i wish someone would plz tell me how tomanage them and riase them so i can start raising them i have two pair of silvers thats all i know about them

Here is a good site with good info about pheasants. http://www.gbwf.org/pheasants/silver.html
Silver
pheasants are pretty easy to care for. I have mine in a 10x10 lot, about half of it is covered with tin, so they can get in the dry. All of it is covered to keep them from flying out. They very seldom go broody. So if your wanting to raise them it is better to use an incubator. Ive got a few small tree branches and bushes to give them some cover. Game bird feed is a good feed to feed them but alot of people feed them layer pellets. Since they are on the ground you will have to work them 2 or 3 times a year. Hope this helps.

One more thing to add, do not house the males together. Lophura males are notorious for being aggressive and you will have a mess on your hands in a short time. In captivity, they will fight till the one has been killed.

Here's our current male:

3068566356_ec5b9b9359.jpg

3067731565_2984c0220b.jpg

Dan

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom