Pheonix Thread

This year's breeder for my blue bantam line
20200321_143244 (1).jpg

20200321_143227 (1).jpg

I know he has a bit of leakage on his wings and his legs aren't the right color, but these birds are a work in progress. I just took these pictures yesterday and thought I'd share, he's about 9 months old as of now.

This year's breeder for my blue bantam lineView attachment 2059240
View attachment 2059249
I know he has a bit of leakage on his wings and his legs aren't the right color, but these birds are a work in progress. I just took these pictures yesterday and thought I'd share, he's about 9 months old as of now.
He looks nice. To me his tail angle is too high but his tail is very spread so it will give the younger generations fuller tails

I have one with a high tail like that, no clue where this color combination came from, I figured someone jumped the fence lol Pics of when he was younger and now View attachment 2061117View attachment 2061118
Maybe something did hop the fence 😅, his legs look yellow so maybe, who knows? But I love his coloring, and it looks like he has mottling, which is very exciting! Whose line of birds is he from? I know that occasionally breeders will cross different breeds to get a new color combo, and the traits from that can occasionally pop up even if they are mostly bred out.

Yeah, that's another thing I'm working on. It's a bit frustrating too because I know that if he were to hold his tail a bit lower it would look longer!
That’s one thing that seems to be worse in the bantams but once you fix that most other things will fall together and you will have very nice birds
I have one with a high tail like that, no clue where this color combination came from, I figured someone jumped the fence lol Pics of when he was younger and now View attachment 2061117View attachment 2061118
yes this does look like a mix because of his feet but a very pretty combination

Maybe something did hop the fence 😅, his legs look yellow so maybe, who knows? But I love his coloring, and it looks like he has mottling, which is very exciting! Whose line of birds is he from? I know that occasionally breeders will cross different breeds to get a new color combo, and the traits from that can occasionally pop up even if they are mostly bred out.
I consider him red splash, that’s the best I can come up with. He was part of an accidental broody hatch from my retired golden splash rooster, and any one of my ‘extra’ hens in a non breeding coop. I’ve hatched many chicks from his dad over the last few years, nothing out of the ordinary. Perhaps a leaky blue with autosomal red produced red in the breast. Idk. Dad does have willow legs but I’ve never seen any quite so yellow. His saddles and tail are not great, but he is a product of culls.

The only possibility of a cross would be Orloff, which seems likely based on color, however it would take both parents to be mottled, and I never have breeding age Orloffs in that coop anyway.

He’s a pretty mishap tho!

That’s one thing that seems to be worse in the bantams but once you fix that most other things will fall together and you will have very nice birds

yes this does look like a mix because of his feet but a very pretty combination
I do see some willow legs. I try to avoid it when I can, but sometimes they have the best feather growth.

Back
Top Bottom