Pheonix Thread

So supposedly people claim you can sex wildmarked chicks. Anyone have evidence you can?

Also wanted to show off my oldest chick trio. All full blooded siblings, I promise.

I have noticed so far that all my white chicks (had 4, now I have 3 cause one decided to go for a swim 😣😭) have kept their orange legs and are all female. Just a curious notice

View attachment 2367008View attachment 2367009View attachment 2367010

I'm curious too about the patch of color I got on this white girl
I'm not sure about sexing wildmarked chicks, but once the duckwing patterned chicks get to a few weeks old it's usually pretty easy to sex them due to their differing colorations.

And the whites definately seem recessive. I remember reading somewhere that depending on the line, white Phoenix will have either white legs or yellow/orangish legs. The white legged ones means the white is dominant, and the yellow legs means it's recessive. Hope that helps!

And I've also seen that dark dot on the heads of some of my silver gingers, but none so far have turned out white, instead they turn out to be very light dun or khaki silver gingers. I'll have to post some pictures soon!

I'm not sure about sexing wildmarked chicks, but once the duckwing patterned chicks get to a few weeks old it's usually pretty easy to sex them due to their differing colorations.

And the whites definately seem recessive. I remember reading somewhere that depending on the line, white Phoenix will have either white legs or yellow/orangish legs. The white legged ones means the white is dominant, and the yellow legs means it's recessive. Hope that helps!

And I've also seen that dark dot on the heads of some of my silver gingers, but none so far have turned out white, instead they turn out to be very light dun or khaki silver gingers. I'll have to post some pictures soon!
Awesome. I'm sure they're recessive since before this year I've only gotten 3, of which none survived. This year I had 6, and had 3 survive. These 3 that didn't though this year around had reasons (1 neck injury, 1 drowning and 1 that was killed by another pair of hens) where the three before this year just... died.

They also all have bright orange legs still even after their siblingsnall got normal coloration.

So I was taking some pictures of my Phoenix bantams today and thought I'd share. These are for sure keepers of 2020 from the first batch I hatched.
20201021_144015.jpg

Blue Gold Cockerel. His mom was an extreme feathered silver ginger, so I'm hoping he has some of those extreme feathering genes as well!
20201021_140951.jpg

Blue Gold Pullet, full sibling to the roo above.

20201021_134936.jpg

Dun fibro pullet. She is the result of crossing a dun hen w/ a really well feathered silver ginger roo (which is why she's got a bit of silver leakage on her neck), but I'm really happy how she turned out! I'm going to use her to help improve the feather texture, length, and fullness in the dun line.
20201021_133333.jpg

Blue pullet. This line also needs a bit of work in regards to feather length.

Are whi
To be fair, the color varieties the hatcheries offer are the standard colors accepted by the APA. What I have is a few of the non APA accepted colors that are still in refinement in Phoenix's.
whites accepted? I thought they werent?

If I post pics, can people tell me what I've got? All I know is that my originals were golden duckwings

Back
Top Bottom