1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Phoenix Bantams

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Winggedheart, Jan 30, 2011.

1. dvang3

dvang3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2012
    Is this yours?
    Please post some recent pics :)

2. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    yep, if I post a pic, it's alway my bird.

I havent taken any this year so dont have any recent ones just yet. I stay so busy that I rarely have time to take any. Plan too, once I do I'll follow up with them so yall can see the difference in 1 and 2 year old birds

3. dvang3

Jan 26, 2012
    ANy new pics yet Aubrey ? :p

4. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    sorry, been gone a while, had so much going on here with everything I havent hardly even turned on the computer in 2-3 weeks. That being said, na, no new pics. everything is starting to molt here, so once they are done, and it's not 150 degrees outside any more, I'll try and get some new ones. got some pretty cool ones coming along

5. dvang3

Jan 26, 2012
    Well.... All of my bbreds have been affected by Infectious Bronchitis
    And this past weekend something came in and ateabou 10 of them....

This year was a fail

6. TW1Kell

TW1Kell Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2012
    Hello! I've had chickens for about 4 years, now, and stated up with Bantams, last Spring. I have pairs of BBRed, Silver Duckwing, Golden Sebright, A Silver 'Bright Hen, and some very small OEGames that are a little bit mutty. There's my inroduction. Now for why I'm here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've read about the quality of the hatchery chicks, but bought these from Cackle's pure-breed bantam line. The lil stripers are Silver Duckwing Phoenix, which they sent me 6 instead of the 5 that I paid for (I'm not complaining!). The lil speckled crew are Silver Sebrights. So, I guess I am finally in the Phoenix Bantam club. YAY! I'll start hanging out in here, trying to learn about these lil dumplin's, now.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  7. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    haha, been dragging aint I. I have got to get to it and about all are at least feathered back nice enough for pics now, so I'll get to it quick, wanted to do some this coming weekend, but it's saying 70% rain Sat and Sun now. If it doesnt I'll get some then.

hate to hear about your luck in the other post

8. strawberry5696

strawberry5696 Just Hatched

May 8, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Chicks!:)

9. Michelle82

Michelle82 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2013
    I have trouble raising my Phoenix chicks.[​IMG] Is there something you're suppose to do different than with other chicks ? Anyone ?

10. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    Nope

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by