• #9 Msbear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #10 Pokster

• #11 Tazcat

• Total voters
Quote:
Thank you, I did not expect to be in the top 2. I like to take photos from uncommon perspectives. It's easy to take a pic from a standing position; but get the camera on the ground and it totally changes everything about the shot.

I stood my phone up on a rock in the yard and took over a dozen shots, changing the angle and zoom. What worked best was to lay on the ground, then I was able to eliminate trees from the background. I think centering the phone in the frame looked best in this case. A blue sky would have been better too, but can't control the clouds. I also tried to position the phone over a birdbath, to catch a reflection, but couldn't make it work without a third hand.

This was a lot of fun, I'm eagerly awaiting the next assignment and lesson.
big_smile.png
Take care of your back, Msbear!

Wow, Thanks you guys!! It always makes me very happy when someone else like my photos!!

I came up with this setup when I remembered that I had an "apple" phone.
lol.png
But seriously, when thinking of composition I like to tell a story so to speak. By a story I mean that the photo leads your eye to tell the story. I use the "rule of thirds" a LOT in my photos, even though sometimes you can get things to work without using the rule. So I guess maybe it should be called the "option of thirds"
gig.gif

In getting this photo I took about 70 different photos and moved the phone about five times to different setups. The main thing I was looking for was composition of course and that the apple still had to look like a phone. My biggest advice to others would be to take lots of pictures!!! Also make sure to look at all the angles that the photos can be taken from. Two photos of the same subject taken from slightly different angles can be totally different. Just keep clicking, and take you time!

I also edited this photo to boost the color up a bit and then gave it an antique look. No cropping was done, but this is rare for me. Cropping a photo can give just the look you were hoping to achieve.

Out of 70 photos I narrowed it down to 3. I will show you the three so that you can tell how different each perspective looks. All the while keeping composition in mind.
50287_dscn7463.jpg

50287_dscn7458.jpg

50287_dscn7488.jpg

Back
Top Bottom