Photography: Major Silkie Love

KinderKorner

Songster
10 Years
Mar 8, 2009
Southern Illinois
Okay so I seen my beautiful white silkies peeking at me while doing chores. So I took a break, and quickly snapped a few pictures. When I got inside and looked at them, I was so pleased with how they turned out. These are the first white silkies I hatched from my own birds. I love them! They are so lovely. I wish I could show. I feel they would do well. I got lucky with what I believe is two hens. They are 4-6 months old.

Toes are perfect, great foot feathing, big crests, nice tight wings.
love.gif

I have a BUNCH more babies growing up. I only hope they turn out as nice. Now the question is what to do with all these silkies I hatched out. lol

I love these first two head shots. They are the only real good photos. I just like the others because you can see what the birds look like.

silkie1.jpg

silkie2.jpg

Then front shots. Purdy Birdy.
silkie3.jpg

silkie4.jpg

Side Shot. Nice type!
silkie5.jpg

Great feet! Look at those perfect toes!
silkie6.jpg

silkie7.jpg

PS. Don't mind the dirty coop. I spilled some chicken feed, and mixed with the straw it made a bit of a mess. lol

Oh I forgot to add. Please please don't take my pictures.
hmm.png
I didn't put a watermark on them because I feel it distracts, but these are mine.

I personally really love the head shots, nice contrast, detail, balence. Plus cuteness to the max!

Aww she's so cute. She looks very pleased with herself lol.

PS. Don't mind the dirty coop. I spilled some chicken feed, and mixed with the straw it made a bit of a mess. lol
Dirty coop? What dirty coop...I don't see one
tongue.png

Thanks guys!
big_smile.png
I really love them. I have some B/B/S which are even better. But I haven't hatched any chicks yet because of fluffy fertility issues. I trimmed a bit, and now one is sitting on some eggs. So with luck will have some cuties soon.
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom