Photos for a genetics book (LOOKING)

SilkieEXTREME

Chirping
9 Years
Sep 19, 2011
Italy
Hi Everyone :)
it was a long time I didn't log here, I'm looking for interesting photos for the second edition of my genetics book, it's a book on all Silkie colors and the basis of genetics..all photos will be credit to the owner. I'm looking for a high quality resolution like this..Thank you!
I'm looking also for any kind of detail or genetic oddities, I'm focused on new creations so if you're working on a new color in your prefered breed you're welcome :)
Some of you will review their photos since the first edition came out 10 years ago and 2 years ago I translated it in English
IMG_20210315_104724.jpg
IMG_20210315_104708.jpg
IMG_20210315_104743.jpg
IMG_20210315_104808.jpg

it was a long time I didn't log here, I'm looking for interesting photos for the second edition of my genetics book, it's a book on all Silkie colors and the basis of genetics..all photos will be credit to the owner. I'm looking for a high quality resolution like this..Thank you!
I'm looking also for any kind of detail or genetic oddities, I'm focused on new creations so if you're working on a new color in your prefered breed you're welcome :)
Some of you will review their photos since the first edition came out 10 years ago and 2 years ago I translated it in EnglishView attachment 2570483View attachment 2570484View attachment 2570485View attachment 2570486
Do you have Blue Partridge already covered?

Hi MisteryChicken! I was planning to write you :) your Bigfoot is in the book!:) Obviously I need the permission, that's why I will send you a message..I was searching about a new kind of "mottled" expression since there was a canadian breeder of Satin that had something similar and I saw your interesting post..in the book I showed all chicken colors, there are 60 Silkie colors :), above all new colors, and even if the color is already shown I'm interested in other photos

Hi MisteryChicken! I was planning to write you :) your Bigfoot is in the book!:) Obviously I need the permission, that's why I will send you a message..I was searching about a new kind of "mottled" expression since there was a canadian breeder of Satin that had something similar and I saw your interesting post..in the book I showed all chicken colors, there are 60 Silkie colors :), above all new colors, and even if the color is already shown I'm interested in other photos
Oh, okay.

I don't mind you using the picture.

Interesting.

Some of you will review their photos since the first edition came out 10 years ago and 2 years ago I translated it in EnglishView attachment 2570483View attachment 2570484View attachment 2570485View attachment 2570486
What do you mean by genetic oddities? I’ve had plenty of mutt chickens. But, their coloration was what I’d consider mixed, not unexplainable- if that’s what you mean.
Though I did have one rooster who I still don’t understand the genetics of. He appeared to be a messy fawn silver duckwing, despite being bred out of a hatchery white Japanese bantam and a hatchery red pyle OEGB. However, that isn’t exactly anything new, as fawn already exists.

I'm looking for mauve (any breed), marshmallow (2 doses blue and one chocolate), laced chick down, spangled chick down, Khaki Polish, red Silkie chick down, Silver partridge Silkie male, Black silver and Black gold (any breed), Salmon..any breed in new colors, I tried to cover all chicken colors and these ones are some I would like to add

You may want to follow this thread- https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/discussing-details-of-mottled-chicken-genetics.1428670/.

As oddities I mean a non standardized color expression (for example an over mottled bird) to show how a non standardized expression belongs the same to a color/pattern, I mean also a non classified color (an unknown make up)

I'm looking for mauve (any breed), marshmallow (2 doses blue and one chocolate), laced chick down, spangled chick down, Khaki Polish, red Silkie chick down, Silver partridge Silkie male, Black silver and Black gold (any breed), Salmon..any breed in new colors, I tried to cover all chicken colors and these ones are some I would like to add
Here are some pictures of my two gold laced sebrights.
D1466F5A-F026-4E80-8C7C-6F64254F6951.jpeg
A5C42422-3ACF-4872-844D-F8BAB5CE5C44.jpeg
7A224E93-09C1-403D-BBE1-69EF853B88F4.jpeg
4B5CCAF2-7690-43BA-8D18-75C530719CE5.jpeg
8EBFE5F4-A144-4118-A626-7C671AF81393.jpeg

They’re from tractor supply, but they did grow up to have complete lacing. The two stripey chicks are silver duckwing OEGBs.

Back
Top Bottom