Photos of my 5 week old chicks.

Hi there! Your chickens are beautiful! I am knew to the chicken world. I'm just getting a coop started.
big_smile.png
I really want to get SLW and EE, but I have read that SLW can be dominate and should not be in the same coop with EE because they would just boss the poor EE around. I don't want that to happen. So I was just wondering if you have had any problems, with having EE and SLW together? Thanks
smile.png

Last edited:
I would say that they definitely have a more dominant than docile personality....however, ours have all adapted pretty well together as a flock. And the Silver Laced Wyandottes are so beautiful. We actually had a more black and also a more white one...so they were opposite of one another which made them pretty unique.
big_smile.png
I would get them again. I will say there eggs are a bit smaller than normal (not terribly, but definitely smaller). When they were figuring out the pecking order, there were some rough moments, but now they are just fine.

Hope that helps.
J.

I am fairly sure Ginger is a boy. He has the has the coloring of a boy. Also, he has a large comb. He looks a lot my roo and others I have seen. I don't know why, but many of the roo's have that type of coloring. Later, he should have some very pretty shiney greenish tail feathers.

Really enjoyed your pics. I have wee little baby BO's and SLW's so I was interested in how they might look at 5 weeks. Thanks for sharing!

(It's all I can do to NOT order more. This is so fun!)

way bigger than my chicks, and they are the same age. but i didn't feed them anything human fabricated.. but they live outdoors run in the sun, and now fly quite high... they are more like pigeons haha

Back
Top Bottom