then this!
59997_dscn0910.jpg

Ferns volunteering in the back flowerbed
59997_dscn0893.jpg

Flowers
59997_dscn0922.jpg

59997_dscn0921.jpg

59997_dscn0920.jpg

What beautiful pictures and thanks for sharing. I grew up in Upstate NY and my grandma had the most beautiful lilace bushes. We can't grow them in Fl and I mis them very much. I can almost smell them now!!! Have a blessed evening and thanks again

What I miss MOST about no longer living on the Oregon Coast during my formative years are the rhodies. Oh, how I miss those! All the different colors, featured against those large, shiny green leaves! I understand azaleas are cousins to rhododendrons, but they are NOTHING compared to the Oregon coast rhodies.

You just made me homesick for a time gone past. But it's a warm, happy/sad feeling.

Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Lush, verdant beauty. Thanks for sharing with us. If I were to take pics of my backyard, you would be treated to deep holes dug by my GP, the inevitable chicken coop and a stack of lumber for adding onto the coop.
big_smile.png
Thanks for a pictorial walk through a serene beautiful yard.

Very pretty! "Candytuft"... that's the white ones? I like those, can you tell me more about them? Perennial I assume? Shade or sun? Do they spread quickly? How high?

Thank you for the comments,

hisdaughter
PineappleMama
gryeyes
Baymule!

I am glad you enjoyed it!

Lilacs have a very strong smell and I occasionally even smell it very far away from the tree!
We have stopped the free ranging is why I have flowers.
The rhododendrons around here turn into TREES.

Thanks again, all!

Quote:
Thank you for your comment, Laurajean!

Candytuft is excellent, and is common around here in flowerbeds. It is a perennial, and spreads but not too quickly. You can fill a small space in a flowerbed in a few years, though, and it doesn't get very high- I would say 6-8 inches high.

Plant some!
ya.gif

I need to dig up some of mine and move it so I can have it in other places. I have mine in part shade (afternoon and morning shade). I have seen it planted in full sun though.

My mom has hers planted in full sun and it is doing well.

I would have to google it to tell you more.

***googling****

Here is one:
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/wildseed/22/22.4.html
Well it says taller than what I have. And I never prune mine, lol.

Back
Top Bottom