Photos Uploaded on BYC show up on Google??

ChickLover98

The Chicken Princess
9 Years
Apr 24, 2010
Pennsylvania
I just about jumped out of my pants when I googled Large Fowl Cochin and a picture of me holding my hen Cloudy and a picture of Cloudy popped up on the first page! I clicked on it and it was linked to BYC. Is there any way to get my picture OFF of google from BYC?? I don't really want my picture or Cloudy's picture all over Google! Can anyone help me?

Watermark your pictures. A photo uploaded to the internet is fair game. Google looks for familiar picture descriptions when you do a google image search to match the best. Looks like your photo matched.

BYC has no control over Google, if anything it's the other way around. All the advertising on BYC is generated by Google.

It's better to always keep in mind that anything you put anywhere on the internet can be viewed by the world. Just be careful, and think before posting.

Quote:
OK. It just really alarmed me when I saw ME on Google!
hmm.png

Quote:
Mind me asking, but what does that mean?

Watermark, put your name or your mark on the picture that claims it as your picture. Typically done over the focus of the image so people can't just crop out the watermark. A photo, the instant you take it, is your intellectual property. A watermark helps keep the image from being stolen.

How to Watermark

I just googled Jasper, my RSL and ALL of my pics, including my editings, showed up. I have over 14 pages of uploads and it would take WAAAY too long to watermark them now. I am thouroughly annoyed at google.
hmm.png

A few comments:

1) Yes, any picture (and text) you upload to any publicly accessibly site will be spidered and indexed by the search engines.
2) You do NOT loose copyright by posting your pictures on the the internet unless you are agreeing to it in advance. BYC requires that you allow us to use your images, but we do not require a transfer of your copyright. You still "own" the pictures and people can't legally copy them from BYC, Google, or anywhere else and use them without your permission.

Back
Top Bottom