Photoshop help PLEASE!

KAKBucks

Songster
11 Years
Jun 8, 2008
Central Ohio
I know tons of you are great with this sort of thing so if you can please please help me I'd appreciate it. The help screens/webpages for the program might as well be greek for all the help they are!
smile.png

I want to put a frame on my photos and then put a text heading at the top inside the frame. The text part I know I can use the horizontal text tool, but the frame part I just can't figure out.

I know there has to be an easy way to put a thick frame on a photo, but I don't know how to do it!

Thanks so much for your help!

Kendra

Select>All (ctrl+A)
Edit>Stroke select 2 pixels or so to start, you can always do it again increasing the number of pixels or UNDO what you just did (Edit>Undo (ctrl+z) and use a lower number

save

this is a simple stroke frame. before you do it though you should make sure that the color you want your frame to be is represented in the color boxes, the color you want should be the top color, click on it and select the color you want THEN stroke the photo

if you want a fancy frame, that's usually easy to.. you probably have an ACTIONS tab if you don't see it go to Window>Show Actions

there are many preset actions there, usually one for some kind of frames, just select one & push the play button

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew someone would be able to help!

I got the frame up, but it's covering up the outer edge of the photo instead of building the frame outside of the photo. Any ideas?

Kendra

Yep... albeit a tiny bit more complicated

start with the image before the stroke frame
make the color you want the frame to be the BOTTOM color by switching them

and go to Image>Canvas Size (choose pixels from the drop down)
adjust the canvas size by adding HOWEVER many pixels you wanted around the image times 2... if you wanted a 2 pixel wide strokes frame then add 4 pixels to the height & width

leave the little directional thingy alone and click OK

tada..should even be the right color.. no stroke needed now

Yippeee Yippeee

Thank you so much!!!!

Now I just have about 500 photos to do that are already on my computer and a bunch more coming! haha

I hope the chicken tractor works out well. Send pictures!!!

Kendra

you should use the actions tab to process those pics at least...

go find it and click on the arrow on the top right of the actions panel and a window flys out, click on NEW Action and name it "MyFrame"
then, at the bottom of that panel you'll see the record/play buttons. well get your next photo opened up and then click that record button, and proceed to make your changes to the picture as you did before. go all the way to saving the photo and then push STOP on the recorder.

now every step you just made has been recorded. close that image if your satisified, open the next, then go push PLAY on the recorder, and it does everything you just did automatically.

cool! I'll try it when the girls give me some time to concentrate!

Each photo has a different title, so I'll still have to do those by hand, but making the frames automatic will be a huge time saver!

Kendra

Back
Top Bottom