phtos of birds from IDEAL poultry wanted

My pretty BJG hen "Norma"...
100_1161.jpg

I need to get a new pic of her... she is nicely colored, correct colored legs/feet, big, but not enormous...lays nice darkish brown eggs...I'm happy
smile.png

Last edited:
I ordered from Ideal this spring - first mail order ever. Got Partridge Rocks, Colombian Wyandottes, Buff Wyandottes, EEs, Speckled Sussex, Barnevelders, and Welsummers. I am very happy with them. Ordered 30 sexed pullets, ended up with 31 total, 4 of which were roosters. They are all lovely birds, the EEs lay blue or green eggs, the Barnies lay very dark brown eggs, and the Wellies lay terra cotta eggs, with or without speckles.

Here are a few photos from a couple of months ago - ask for more if you want to see something I don't show here:
EE pullet
DSC_0285.jpg

Barnevelder pullet
DSC_0304.jpg

Welsummer pullet
DSC_1014.jpg

Speckled Sussex pullet and roo, with Barnie in foreground
DSC_0654.jpg

Partridge Rock pullet
DSC_0958-1.jpg

I have had good and bad experiences with ideal. I ordered a large number of cochins from them this spring. I received some beautiful cochins and some not so great (acutally disappointing). Along with this, I got some that were sent as red cochins, but I don't know what they are. Here are some pics:

my barred pullet (my favorite)
40401_cochins_23_weeks_005.jpg

a black pullet
40401_cochins_23_weeks_009.jpg

and a SUPPOSED red cochin
40401_cochins_23_weeks_004.jpg

40401_cochins_23_weeks_010.jpg

From Ideal:

28165_p1010002.jpg

Sophie the Exchequer Leghorn

28165_hen4.jpg

Months ago as pullets:
Silver Laced Wyandotte - nice enough bird but lacing is lacking in places
Black Australorp - Turned into a lovely hen
Golden Brabanter - Lacks beard and has crooked toes and missing some nails
Delaware, Splash Maran and Barnie are from breeders

Also got an EE sold as an Ameracauna (didn't know any better) and a Speckled Sussex that turned into a roo.

But I still love my Chickens! Gave away the roo, though.

43473_black_cochin.jpg

Black cochin bantam roo. Got him in the bantam special in August. Very nice birds. I have some layers that are a little younger that these and they are beautiful. I am getting 75 more hens next week from them. I have only had 1 dead on arrival from them and they give you credit back for them. Great people to work with.

I am new to the whole "chicken" phenom... I purchased my first set of day-olds from Ideal in July and have been very happy with all of them. They have not begun to lay yet but I'm sure they will start soon if not definitely in the spring. As far as quality, I am only interested in eggs, not showing. They have been very healthy and happy birds. I will try to post some recent pics but here are a few; one of Fire, a SS, Fiora, a BO, Chloe, our Silkie who has yet to be renamed now that we know she is a he, and our ducks we purchased from Ideal as well. The chickens are about 3 months old in these pictures.

43737_ideal1.jpg

43737_105_2011.jpg

43737_105_2010.jpg

43737_105_2233.jpg

43737_105_2228.jpg

Back
Top Bottom