PIC HEAVY**Delawares...I think. Please help identify gender.

Jschaaff

Songster
8 Years
Apr 25, 2011
New Hampshire
I received these three guys(gals?) on Tuesday and am afraid they are all roos. The lady I got them from was very unclear on their age, 2months...maybe 4months? Sadly I can not keep roos, but nobody is getting rehomed until someone starts crowing.

This is the first guy/gal

A:
DSC08010.jpg

DSC08009.jpg

And another:

B:
DSC08006.jpg

DSC08007.jpg

But then I lost track of whom I HADN'T taken a picture of yet...so the rest are just random:

C:
DSC08019.jpg

D:
DSC08017.jpg

E:
DSC08020.jpg

F:
DSC08005.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to look/help!

-Jessa

They're poor quality Delaware roosters. Should have barring, not solid color, in the hackles and tail, but yeppers, all male, sorry. Nice leg color, though. If Columbian Rocks were more common, I'd say they were those, but many hatcheries actually crossed in CRs with Delawares and messed up the Dels, which means you do often see hatchery Dels with solid hackles and tails, unfortunately.

If I were you, I would rehome them as Del/Columbian Rock crosses, which they probably are.

Thank you. I thought so, but needed to be sure. They are the sweetest boys. So far they are always together, even when free ranging they are within a foot of one another at all times. They come when I call and love to be held. Oh if only my older flock could only be so sweet.

Well, they get to stay till they find their "big boy voices".

Thank you for the help.

Oh, also, any guesses on their ages? The woman I got them from said they were four months old when I talked to her on the phone. But, when I picked them up, she said they had bought them as chicks, from TSC (so i assume no more than a week old,) a week before Easter. That puts them at maybe 1.5 months old?! HUGE difference. I have not raised chickens from chicks in so long that I really couldn't guess how old they are.

Back
Top Bottom