Pic of my new Cape Teal - anybody else have these?

I have only 1 breeder pr now. They are neat little ducks. They kinda circle around each other for a little while before they breed. Very friendly.But can hold their own in a community pen.
7647_p3101561.jpg

Quote:
Unfortunately, I don't breed them or plan to, but from what I have seen, there are only a handful of breeders and certified ones at that. They also lay very small clutches and probably once a year, so that probably has a lot to do with it. Basically I would just guess it's a supply/demand issue.

The common price I have seen for Hottentots are $200 a pair. I got mine from Mallard Lane Farms.

I have a seller's book from one of my subscriptions and i have seen probably up to about 10 breeders at a time listed, but only a few have websites and fewer are NPIP(?) certified sellers, although I don't think you really need any papers for those in my state.

They are a lot of money, compared to most of the ducks, especially domestics or something like the Ringed Teals ($60 a pair), but at the end of the day, when i calculated the cost of my aviary, $200 or $65 was literally a drop in the bucket, so in the end, the price wasn't a big deal to me.

Hottentotteal- I got my ringed teals from Mallard Lane Farms. I met Jamie personally and she is who told me where to get the replacement ringed teal and the Capes. Hottentots are great, I hope someday I can own some.

Quote:
The seller has to be NPIP certified to ship any waterfowl, they are not on protect by the MBTA so no permit is required to sell them unless they are on some other list that i haven't came across yet.

I think everyone got there ringed teal from jamie,
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom