**Pic**white leision in mouth

Maybe the bleeding is good... blood is getting to the lesion. Don’t know... just speculating, but oxygen is a healer and is carried to the tissues by blood. Refrigerate liquid Flagyl and shake well before using. Draw some air into the syringe and agitate it that way, but I would expel the air again before storing it.

Maybe. It's still the same size but not as lumpy and bumpy as the first picture I posted. I started her on an antifungal (flucanazole) in case if it's actually a fungal infection of some sort. Buuutttt it only came in 100mg tablets so I ground 1 tab and added 10ml of water. It dissolved very well, but I still have the remain 10mls that I will use. But wasn't sure if I needed to refrigerate it after missing it all together. For the flagyl I have pills of those. ;)

This does sound like her for sure. I have been using vetRX on her comb, but not on that nasty plaque. I scraped some chunks off it last night, she actually let me, which shocked me and my husband. So I will go look at it in just a bit. When I got the chucks off it did bleed. I dont have any nystatin, but fluconazole should help with yeast too. Fluconazole is systemic so if it's in her air sacs hopefully that will clear it up.
Thank you for sending this link to me. One could say that I might be coming down with some compassion fatigue after weeks of no improvements. This article helps...maybe it's a fungal infection.

Couple months back I caught them drinking out of a mud hole made from their mister, that could be the culprit.

Poor girl. Have you considered acidified copper sulfate in the drinking water?
I have it. But honestly I'm not sure if its canker. Between all the meds she has been on..multiple antibiotics and not antifungal I didn't want to overload her little body by adding that in. Plus I wasn't sure of any medicine interactions with it.

I know, poor baby.

20190908_101100.jpg
20190908_101059.jpg

So here's her face. Is there anything obvious that I'm missing? She looks the same to me, but I see her every day.
Her beard looks terrible, I have vetRX on her so that part I'm aware of. But anything else??

Attachments

• 20190908_101100.jpg
    20190908_101100.jpg
    596 KB · Views: 1
View attachment 1891910

I am at a loss....what do you guys think this looks like. I treated for canker with metronidazole x5 days with zero response. I started doxycycline on Monday and I finally got baytril today so she had her first dose of baytril today.
Symptoms:
-white leision... I suspect more are further down her crop or tranchea.
-Rales and slight dyspnea
-Not eating, but I feel like she wants too, but it might be painful
-Shakes head- not all the time, but it does happen
-Mucus, not an overwhelming amount, but present

Intervention- tube feeding, doxy, baytril, electolytes, and probiotics
Shes not on deaths doorstep, she still has her pep in her step, but good lord I'm getting discouraged.
I guess shes not any worse, but shes not any better. We tried to knock some of the white stuff off, but she will not stay still. I got off a lil chunk and it it really did nothing and I think it filled back in.

Any help/ suggestions are appreciated.

Hi,

I am a vet and a poultry lover.
A severe vitamin A deficiency gives birds the appearance of having a form of chronic respiratory disease, a cold, or other such diagnosis. There is a discharge from one or both nostrils, swelling of the face around the eyes, and the eyelids may be glued together by a discharge from them; yellowish white, round, cheesy patches about the size of a pinhead (May vary) may be seen in the mouth and throat. These same symptoms are also
caused by some common poultry virus or disease.
When no medicine seems to work on the respiratory symptoms it an indication of Vitamin A deficiency.
Regards

Back
Top Bottom