1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

*pichures of my flock this morning* *10-16-10*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by birdman123, Oct 16, 2010.

1. birdman123

birdman123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2010
    woodsfield ohio
    my hen nuget with 2 chiks under her layin in the hay in my coop tryin to keep her and her chiks warm ; the ginnie hen beside her is one that nugget hatched out bak in july ; the ginnie still stays with nugget all the time ; i have 2 more ginnies that nugget hatched as well but they was outside only because they couldnt see where nugget was:
    [​IMG]
    this brahma hen was acting weird for the past 4-7 days like she wanted to be broody ; i never saw her in the nest but everytime she would be eating somethin she would make noises like she was calling chicks to come and eat it ; so yesterday i noticed she was fluffing up her feathers making herself look bigger to all the other chikens ; well about 2 weeks ago i got 2 silver sebright chiks ; they had all there feathers except there head feathers ; so yesterday i herded the brahma into the coop ; picked her up ; put her in the nest and stuck the 2 1 month or or so silver sebright in with her ; she loves them ; the silver sebright chicks are a little unsure about what to do when she is talking to them or calling them over for food but they get up under her and stay warm so i think theyre learning that she is mom ; im happy because the day that i got them they had always been in a brooder under a light and i just let them run loose in my coop ; but they always acted like they were freezing so hopfully they learn that she is mom:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    heres the other brahma that was outside in the woods this morning; this brahma is the sister to the one above; i was hoping that she would want to raise the chiks with the other brahma but i guess not; she doesnt like them much:
    [​IMG]
    these next pictures are just some of my birds that i let out of there pens to free range today; they went into the woods and so i went and got the camera and took some pics:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

heres the other guinea that nugget hatched that went into the woods with the rest of the chikens
    [​IMG]

and heres the 3rd guinea that nugget hatched that went into the woods with the rest of the chikens
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  2. love_a_duck

love_a_duck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    Waterford, Michigan
    [​IMG]

i just love those guineas that stay near their "mama",
    and those sebrights look like they know where to keep warm now.
    thank you for sharing these pics birdman.
    the fall pictures are beautiful.

beth

3. SummerChick

SummerChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Somerset, Texas
    Love your pictures,,, thanks for sharing!!

4. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm in NY, away from my chickens for 6 days. Loved seeing your beautiful pics.[​IMG]

5. chickenboy21

chickenboy21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    What is that grassy material you have in your coop?? is that hay?

6. Moabite

Moabite Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Utah
    You got mail! [​IMG] I total dig the mailbox "Special Delivery!"

7. birdman123

Sep 18, 2010
    woodsfield ohio
    ha yes thats hay and that mailbox works amazingly

i just took some of the best pictures ive ever taken in my life
    crystal clear no blurry-ness what so ever
    best pics ever

ill post them on another post so stay tuned

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Your birds are beautiful.

I've always said that Brahmas are the best mamas!

9. birdman123

Sep 18, 2010
    woodsfield ohio
    yea so far shes being great

10. LivinNewDreamInND

LivinNewDreamInND Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    Great pictures. They look like they are having lots of fun scratching around in the leaves.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by