Picked up some Golden Pheasant mutations tonight!

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by SamG347, May 25, 2011.

1. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Well made a hour and half trip and got myself.....

1 3yr old Peach pair
    1 1.5yr old Tangerine pair

The Tangerine is a coloration that I have not seen before. The breeder told me he crosses a Peach male with a Splash hen to get them. Pretty amazing looking coloration. The Peach male and hen look great as well! I will get pics up tomorrow if the weather and time cooperates!
    [​IMG]

2. BobwhiteQuailLover

BobwhiteQuailLover Country Girl[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.

Sep 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Cool!

3. pheasantfreak

pheasantfreak Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Preston, idaho
    Thats awesome love to see some pictures

4. Junglefowl

Junglefowl Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2010
    New Mexico
    Hello SamG347, if they are the birds on the auction site that were labled Tangerine, they are actually a splash golden (red/peach). Tangerines havent been seen around in quite sometime. I have pictures of the actual last seen tangerines if interested let me know. Although that one pair on the auction site is a VERY nice looking pair. That splash pattern I havent seen before. Best of luck with them.

5. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Yeah they arent that pair but from the same breeder. I also just think they are just splash...but he takes peach male over splash hen to get them so either way I can't wait to see what they produce. The Peach pair is also very nice quality. The splash male I got has lots of good pattern on him.
    I will get pics ASAP.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by