picked up two new chicks at the feed store...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by haleyluna, Jun 7, 2007.

1. haleyluna

haleyluna Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    oklahoma city
    i had to run to the feed store to pick up some more chick feed. they were out, so she tried to give me layer crumbles, even after i told her they were only 5wks. i passed and went by another store on the way home. but, they had a few white cochin banties from ideal, so i snagged two of them. they're maybe a week or a week and a half younger than mine, so they are a bit smaller. i put them in with the quarantined "ouch somebody bit my butt" chicks.

so, basically, i'm playing a new game called "how long until my boyfriend notices that there are more chickens?". i'm hoping he'll notice that two of our babies are smaller and different looking than the others (we have a few white ones, but they're oeb and have clean legs). if he asks, i might just act like he's being weird. see how confused i can get him.

2. wlz77

wlz77 Out Of The Brooder

May 1, 2007
    PA
    i do the same i add them in a wait to see when Dh notices .

3. mamading

mamading Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2007
    Rhinelander, WI
    You two had me sitting here laughing out loud. Especially the part about looking at him like he's being weird. I'd probably get away with that with my DH too. He doesn't pay attention to the girls like I do. It would probably take him a while to notice. I did mention to him that I want some silkies. So if I end up getting some and he says anything I'll tell him that I already mentioned it. I think he's already realized that when I mention buying something to plan on it showing up sooner or later because once I make up my mind to get or do something I start researching and get it done.

4. JackieK318

JackieK318 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    Missouri
    Just do what I do, act like you had the conversation then say, "you must not have been listening to me..." I usually come clean though! hehehhe

5. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'll have to try that! Usually I just talk about it ad nauseum and he gives in just so that we can talk about SOMETHING ELSE!

And that's too funny, sneaking them in. I have to say my dh wouldn't be fooled.. he drinks his coffee with the girls in the morning.

-Meghan

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  6. haleyluna

May 3, 2007
    oklahoma city
    [​IMG]

7. lakecountychick

lakecountychick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2007
    You guys are funny, lol. The baby is sooo cute, I think she'll blend with the others.[​IMG]

8. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    You guys are hillarious:lol:[​IMG]!!, we brought home two extra chicks with our 25 chicks, so hopefully he wont notice. But I dought he will since theere is so many of them running around. I mean they hardly sit still so theres no way he could count them

9. haleyluna

May 3, 2007
    oklahoma city
    hah, when i first got mine, there were 29. we tried to count them a few times to make sure, but we kept coming up with 17. or 42. we finally just gave up. i'm still only assuming, 5wks later, that there are 29. [​IMG]

10. spock78

spock78 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2007
    I feel slightly overwhelmed here. Listening to all you women, well uh, it cracks me up!! LMAO!!

My wife talks just like all of you. She always wants to get more animals. She has TRIED to sneak them in on me. LOL!!

It's not that us guys don't notice the ADDED EXTRAS. It's just that we really don't seem to have a choice, when you SNEAK them in. What are we supposed to do? Tell you to take them back, after you already went & brought them home & got attached to them? LOL!! That would go over like a lead brick, with Mrs. Spock.

Us guys are just better off giving in & ignoring the fact.
    Or, as I like to say it....Make them believe it was their idea!! LOL!!

The irony of this long stupid post is, I'm the one that brings the animals, that she ask for, home.
    WHY??
    Because I want them more than her. I just let her think it was HER idea...LMAO!!

If I don't post for several weeks, it is because I am in the hospital, because she read this post.

Sorry if this seemed offensive to some ppl. LOL!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by