Pickle the Silkie

Pics
Poor boy! My rooster is so sweet but when I come in the run he goes brraaarkkk and makes everyone go in the other run that only has a small (not big enough for me unless I crawl though) opening to the other. So I have to go in the other run (a walk in door) to get them ugh 😑 😒. At least he would *probably* get the girls to cover if a predator was around if they free ranged.
That's what Pickle does! I compare it to them growling. He has fought off many predators. He disappeared one time and I wasn't even home when he disappeared. Some dog had gotten into my yard, I thought he was a goner! Nope he came back a few hours later with a bite mark on his back from the dog. But really he was defending my pullet from the dog, he was hurt but she wasn't.

That's what Pickle does! I compare it to them growling. He has fought off many predators. He disappeared one time and I wasn't even home when he disappeared. Some dog had gotten into my yard, I thought he was a goner! Nope he came back a few hours later with a bite mark on his back from the dog. But really he was defending my pullet from the dog, he was hurt but she wasn't.
That's so sweet, what a good boy! I love how they will give their lives protecting their hens

Well it has been decided! Called the hatchery and sorted out the silkies. I'm getting a black and a partridge and my sister is getting a blue and a multi colored! We are picking them up later! I can't wait, I still gotta set up a brooder and track down a feeder and a waterer. Unfortunately they aren't sexed so I could end up with boys.

Ugh, the duckies are getting so big! Cracker is 9 days old and Chicken is 5 days old!! 😱 Why do they have to grow up do fast?!
20220811_094927.jpg

20220811_095925.jpg

Back
Top Bottom