Pics and build of our family project!!!

Thanks for the info.....  We actually bought some heaver 14 gauge welded wire fencing that is 3 feet tall that we were going to put along the bottom as well for two layers of protection.  Do you think that would work ok?

I don't know. It would keep the preds from reaching thru and getting a chicken on the ground. But they might still go above the welded wife and push thru the chicken wire to get in. If the chickens go into a completely secured coop at night and this is just in the run in daytime it may be ok. Preds are crafty though. I always feel like better safe than sorry.

I don't know. It would keep the preds from reaching thru and getting a chicken on the ground. But they might still go above the welded wife and push thru the chicken wire to get in. If the chickens go into a completely secured coop at night and this is just in the run in daytime it may be ok. Preds are crafty though. I always feel like better safe than sorry.

Thanks for the info..... I think I will definitely have them housed for the night.....
cool.png

Ok.....Ok.... I know it's been awhile.... But here is the latest update..... 10 hours of work on it today..... almost done.... just need to add a finished door into the run (just need hinges), another small door for the chickens, the nesting boxes in the coop, the roost in the coop, bricks around the outside of the coop for protection and finally paint.... whooooh... what a job!!! Let me know what you think..... I'm tired just thinking of all the stuff left to do!!!! :)

Thanks guys and gals...... wife just got home with supplies to finish it with..... paint too.... She's a keeper!!! :)

It took a little while as I cleaned up some old lumber for us to use on the interior of the coop, but we got all the locks on the doors and the back door (hatch) into the run completed.... Also, we got the base for the nesting box installed. Tomorrow if weather permits, we will be painting the exterior and finishing the inside (nesting boxes and roost). I promise to get more pics of the coop tomorrow, but for now here is some pictures of another project we did for some very important VIP's......

O.K. well.... as promised.. I worked on the coop until it was dark so these are not the best pictures.... But here ya go..... there is a picture of the outside of the door with the two locks, and a few pics of the roost and the four nesting boxes. Let me know what you guys think.... not too much longer..... I also found a guy today that has a variety of chickens any where from $5 to $8 each..... looks like we may have chickens before the weekend gets here.....
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom