Pics from the parade last saturday

bkreugar

Songster
11 Years
Jun 18, 2008
Asheboro NC
DD is on the bay (sophie) and I am on the grey Patience.We rode tot he parade grounds from our house.It is about a mile and we had a cop stop the traffic over our one bridge intersection.

Both are 1/2 arabs.Sophie is an arab morgan cross now 18 and dd's partner in FUN.They excel at gymkhanna and obstacle stuff.

Patience is an arab/paint cross.She is grey and white but it is hard to see here. I just got her 6 months ago after a 10 month very tiring search.Thought my riding days were OVER, hence her name patiance. She excells in trail and obstacle aslo but alo pins well for me on the flat.

parade113.jpg

parade114.jpg

parade115.jpg

parade116.jpg

parade117.jpg

parade118.jpg

parade119.jpg

DD say it is important to tell you they are ARABS and NOT spooky.We had plenty of crazy horses at the parade but ours were fine.AND I won the trophy for best costume, big trophy which I was quite taken aback by as I thought dd's costume was better. SHe was quite sulky about it!!

That's awsome! Was it a Halloween parade? I'd love it if they put on a Halloween Parade here, I have all kinds of ideas for costumes, I usually take my driving mini in parades, but have some great ideas for my mare too!

It was a "fall round up" parade.But there were prizes for many things including "best costume" Me personally I think cosstume is the BEST part of fall shows. Dh and I dressed up dd for many years and it was finally nice to have a horse I could do stuff with again.

I bought Sophie when my DD was about 3.I WAS going to mess with her a bit and resell her. She cut her back tendon about 3 months after I bought her and I figured I would not be able to resell her.I also had a full arab that was dd's babysitter and my old mare. My mare died and so eventually dd's babysitter became to arthritic. I was NEVER thrilled with Sophie as my horse, so dd wanted to move up to her herself.

SO 2 years ago i spent the season trasitioning her to Sophie. The mare is WAY WAY better for DD than she EVER was for me. WHich left me with nothing to ride.SO I looked and looked and about gave up.I knew I wanted an arab and looked at about 30. I lost hope and dd kept bugging me about riding with her.

A very dear freind called about this 1/2 arab mare that a contact of hers thru the local rescue league was desperate to get rid of. So I looked and for the firsttime EVER inmy 20+ years this mare turned her head to me and I saw that face and eyes and I was DONE.I have never had a moment like that before.

We trail ride for HOURS together now and my mare has no spook and crosses anything.I can't believe they didn't like her but dd says "well be glad they didn't or you wouldn't have her"! They thought she was HOT!???
Neither one of these guys cares about my weird dress up games we won out costume classes at the fall fun show.DD and I totally rock the pairs thing 2 and got 2nd out of 13 based on staying together not looks of the pair.

Lately I just gush alot about her.Really annoys dd!!

Mare is totally in my pocket and I can't go in the pasture without her following me.Also nickers to me when I walk out the door or drive down the driveway.But I always great her with "hey gorgeous" which my DH finds insulting!

Back
Top Bottom