1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pics From Today of Dutch, Mace and Some of The Ladies

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by speckledhen, Sep 18, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I was specifically trying to get pictures of Panda, Zane's daughter, and in the process, snapped some of others.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    Oh, those are just beautiful birds.

3. RedStickLA

RedStickLA Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    [​IMG] They are all so pretty!
    [​IMG] Mitzi

4. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Hey Cyn great looking ladies there. And Mace almost looks like a blue barred in that pic.

I do have a ? is the red and black gal, (she is in the last pic for sure) a BR/BO mix?

I have 2 of these and that is what they are. I also have a roo of this mix that I am not going to be able to keep and am just sick over it.

I sure wish I could keep them all but the sad fact is I can't and here ya can't give them away even if you could afford to.

edited for spelling

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  5. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Is that Dutch in the first picture? What a great pic! I'm learning how to use Photoshop right now and I wish I could think of something to make with that pic.... [​IMG]

6. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Quote:I am not Cynthia, but the chicken you are asking about is a golden laced wyandotte.

Cyn, Dutch & your girls are gorgeous!!!! I can't wait to have some!!!

7. Ellie

Ellie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    Such beautiful, happy chickens! I know that my new rooster from your flock will be from Dutch and he is nearly as handsome as Zane and Hawkeye.

Ellie

8. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Thanks Steff, I will have to get pics of those outside that are BR/BO mixed they sure do look alike.

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Steff is right. That is Vada, my only Golden Laced Wyandotte. She's got pretty good lacing for a hatchery Wyandotte, better than the two SLW girls who are a couple of weeks older than her. Mace is very light colored, so maybe that's why he looks bluish. Dutch is several shades darker with crisper barring.
    Carri, yes, that's Dutch. He's amazingly like Hawkeye, moreso than any other cockerel I've had from the Hawkeye/Lexie pairing. Zane, Gabriel and Mace are all more narrow, more like their small framed mama, although Zane is bigger (or was, before his illness) than the other two. Dutch is huge, big chested and just the perfect breeder for the BR flock.

10. Ellie

Ellie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    Cynthia,
    How is his personality compared to Zane and Hawkeye?

Ellie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by