PICS!! Gordie's Chicks arrived in Snow, Sleet, Freezing Rain!

BikerBabeRules

Songster
11 Years
Feb 13, 2008
Vermont, USA
Gordie mailed these on Monday afternoon, the post office called me @ 7:00 a.m. When they got in their new home, they were powerful thirsty, the hungry, then sleepy. They are Welsummers, Cuckoo Marans, Black Penedesencas and I think 1 Ameracauna. 20 in all? I had to run to work, can't wait to get home.
ThirstyChicks.jpg

ThirstyChicks2.jpg

ThirstyChicks3.jpg

10:00 p.m. I had one of my Welsummer girls die just now. She was fine an hour ago. She seemed happy and healthy, what happens when this happens? Was the stress of the trip to much, was something genetically wrong perhaps?
hmm.png

Last edited:
They all have feathers so they are not day olds, or even 3 day olds. They are different sizes as well, so I'm not sure, doesn't really matter they all appear healthy. I can even spot a roo a mile away now....so, interesting to see if they pan out to be what i have them pegged to be in the first 15 minutes with them. Can't wait to get home, working gets in the way of real life. I'll post more photos tonight,
tongue.png
too.

Aww they are so cute! I think I see at least 2 ameracaunas in there though... congrats!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom