1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

PICS!! Gordie's Chicks arrived in Snow, Sleet, Freezing Rain!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BikerBabeRules, Mar 19, 2008.

1. BikerBabeRules

BikerBabeRules Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Vermont, USA
    Gordie mailed these on Monday afternoon, the post office called me @ 7:00 a.m. When they got in their new home, they were powerful thirsty, the hungry, then sleepy. They are Welsummers, Cuckoo Marans, Black Penedesencas and I think 1 Ameracauna. 20 in all? I had to run to work, can't wait to get home.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    10:00 p.m. I had one of my Welsummer girls die just now. She was fine an hour ago. She seemed happy and healthy, what happens when this happens? Was the stress of the trip to much, was something genetically wrong perhaps?[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  2. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Awwww!!! They are adorable. So are they about a week old then? I noticed the feathering.

3. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

OMG, AHAHAHA!!!! Riot in the brooder!! [​IMG]

4. BikerBabeRules

BikerBabeRules Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Vermont, USA
    They all have feathers so they are not day olds, or even 3 day olds. They are different sizes as well, so I'm not sure, doesn't really matter they all appear healthy. I can even spot a roo a mile away now....so, interesting to see if they pan out to be what i have them pegged to be in the first 15 minutes with them. Can't wait to get home, working gets in the way of real life. I'll post more photos tonight,[​IMG] too.

5. happyhens

happyhens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    KY
    Aww they are so cute! I think I see at least 2 ameracaunas in there though... congrats!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by