Pics- HUGE prolapse w/ 2 eggs. UPDATE- There's another egg... HELP.

Ok, I will leave her alone. I have only picked her up twice to put down clean bedding. She's very content, I'm actually surprised that she has not even attempted to leave the crate. My dogs are terrified of her and won't leave their crates!

As far as all the nasty gunk on her backside (a sticky paste of poop, urates, a tiny bit of blood, and the honey I slathered her with), leave it alone? Or rinse her off so she won't be so gross back there? It doesn't seem to be bugging her any.

Well, it has been over 24 hours now, and the egg is in the same position it was 24 hours ago- still just barely protruding from beneath her breast bone. I am only handling her to lift her and put a clean towel under her morning and night. She is eating, drinking, and pooping fine... Should I be worried again, or should I just chill out?

Interestingly, my husband is not having fits about a chicken being in our living room for 3 days now.

Since the bird isn't in any distress the best thing you can do is just chill out. Poking and prodding trying to assess the location of eggs will only delay her return to normal laying. I suggest a large glass of wine. Not for the hen but for yourself, it's time to relax.

I like your style, Opa. Now, where's that glass of wine?!

Little hen is perching on the side of the milk crate- I think I'm going to put her out in the bigger sick pen- she's had enough living room hospital time. I think she will be more relaxed out there.

Back
Top Bottom