Pics of Blue and Black Copper Marans chicks

hcammack

Crowing
12 Years
Oct 5, 2007
Vermont
I got these Marans from peachick about 8 weeks ago they have grown like weeds and are very friendly. I took some pictures tonight they are not good because it was dark but I will post them and try and get better ones later. I have 3 pullets and 3 cockerals 1 blue pullet and 2 black and 1 dark blue 1 light blue and 1 black cockeral. I am trading the cockerals for some Buff Orphington pullets that are about 18-20 weeks old with someone local. I cannot keep roosters at my suburban home. I regret having to let the cockerals go because they are handsome and friendly. The pullets are also the friendliest birds I have! and I can't wait to see their eggs !

Black cockeral
DSCF1880.jpg

Dark blue cockeral
DSCF1896.jpg

Blue cockeral (I could not get a good picture of him

Black pullet
DSCF1886.jpg

Black pullet
DSCF1891.jpg

Blue Pullet
DSCF1889.jpg

DSCF1908.jpg

Thanks for looking !

Henry

Today they took an adventure in the big shed they are in among the stuff stored in their these little guys want out I am waiting 4 more weeks because I am trading the cockerals for BO pullets next week and they need to be quarantined.

Henry

the laceing on the blue look great Henry!!
I just put mine outside over the weekend under a heat lamp.... they outgrew my brooder box aready... active lil things!!

I think I have 3 boys and 2 hens... shame both of my blues are roos:/
hmm.png

Ya I was wishing for more blue boys but the black girls already have a beautiful green sheen in their feathers. Mine will be going out soon they are crazy and adventerous little things mine are out in the shed so its almost like they are outside
lol.png
Hey mayble I could "rent" a rooster from you for a few weeks and save the eggs and let you hatch them so that you can get some of this pretty blue girls blood back into your flock
wink.png

Last edited:
I think I am going to email Will with pictures of my birds and a quick update! Also going to ask if he will have any cull pullets this weekend just incase
wink.png
I am headed up your way to get the BO's I think so we will see want to get all my adding done right now before I leave for the winter and spring
lol.png

Lol yep I think I am visiting will again and getting some Wellies and Ameraucana not sure though probably just culls but their are good enough for me
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom