Pics of Chicks

skeeter9

Songster
12 Years
Apr 10, 2007
Foothills of Central CA
Just a couple of pics of my latest fuzzy butts - French Cuckoo Marans pullets, New Hampshire Red pullets (though I'm pretty sure one is a cockerel), and Australorp Longtail cross pullets and cockerel:

chickies2.jpg

chickies1.jpg

Adorable-- I am cracking up over group shot- all the fuzzy butts in the air and no heads to be seen! That's a cute gang you have, I especially dig your Marans.

Skeeter they are so pretty and your yard looks so chicken friendly with the lush green grass

Lori,

The Marans pullets are so beautiful! I had one in my group that was really dark like yours, and she was, by far, the prettiest one! She also had a redder comb than the others and I worried for a long time that she was a boy.

Your grass does look lush and green! My girls have scratched up almost every blade of grass in their territory. They have to squeeze under the gate and sneak into the front yard to get to the lush stuff around here.

Your girls are beauties!

Last edited:
Green Grass??? Not me, that's the native stuff coming up all over the place. My lawn is only partially green - needs to be reseeded and I can't do that until hubby finishes the fence - GGGRRRRR!!!!!

The chicks are actually in the dog run. They can play in there when I'm home. It's so fun to watch them learn how to be chickens!!! Sometimes I go lay down in the pen and they all come running over to jump on me and say hello. So far they are all very friendly and don't have any problems being handled - hope that lasts!!

Lori

Back
Top Bottom