Pics of Cluckville ;

Sorry! Somehow I was working on the post and it got posted before I was ready! lol...gimme a minute for the pics. They just got uploaded on photobucket.
tongue.png

As I was saying....
big_smile.png

My chicken run is a converted 10x20 stall attached to the side of our barn. It has 2 sides that are covered with metal siding and the third side we put up hardware cloth. Does anyone know - will predators try to dig under metal walls or only where the fencing is and they can see the chickens? Anyway, here are the kids in the run.
runladder2.jpg

chillinintherun1.jpg

This is where my kids can climb up to watch the chickens...although I seem to enjoy doing that a lot more than they do! But the window on the left looks into the run. The kids can toss them treats through there and we can watch them even if it is raining outside.
chcknviewing.jpg

The coop is a 10x10 room that was already in the barn. There was a removable window leading out to the run area. I cover it with hardware cloth for overnight and will use the actual window come winter time.
goingout.jpg

Here are the nesting boxes. We used a couple of old crates we had and scrap wood.
nestboxes.jpg

The feeding area.
feedingarea.jpg

And the roosting area...old ladder and some scrap wood. There are two 2x4's side by side, flat side up.
roost.jpg

Bedtime!
bedtime.jpg

I have chicken fever now! Even my husband is excited now that the chickens are here. I think he thought I was a bit crazy at first - especially my concern for predators - but he is catching the fever now too.
wink.png

Very nice, Amy! The hens look happy... you've given them a terrific set up.
smile.png

And yes, I would think that a predator will dig under a metal side. If it thinks chickens are on the other side, he will dig under anything to get to them. You may want to consider putting something to prevent any digging. Either a wire skirt of some kind, or other prevention.

Carla

Very nice pics, thank you! And they all look so happy. I hope there is an area where they can get a good sunbath. Yes, predators, will/do dig under metal walls, rats are especially bad for that and they will harm your birds. I love your flock, they are very nice birds.

love.gif

Back
Top Bottom