pics of homemade waters and feeders

macnugget good, job! Everyone has good ideas. I have been tossing around ideas but nothing solid yet. Auto-waterers have drawbacks in freezing weather. At least mine has the water lines freeze and bust. I have to tilt my water containers to leak slowly to keep the water lines running and not to freeze. I've tried buring the lines and covering the lines in 3/4" conveyor belts. Well i rambeling i'm just letting u know what my experinces have been with outdoor situations.

for my winter set up I use 5 gal bucket with the cover on tipped upside down in a metal pig feed pan and put it on a cinder block with a light in the cinder block. It has kept the water from freezing on most of the days. It didn't do well at -17f

This one of the feeders I made, they are nice and big, chickens don't waste or bill out the feed, easy to carry and clean, protection from feed contaminates. they were easy to make and very inexpensive.

AL

10364_img_0087.jpg

10364_img_0091.jpg

10364_img_0090.jpg

Last edited:
It works just like the small brooder feeders. Has something to do with static pressure and a bunch of other stuff we should have learned in high school. lol It does work though and nothing fancy about it. I'm thinking of a toilet fill valve in a 5 gal. bucket that feeds down into pvc pipe tee with one side in coop and other side to run. Will let you all know how it works out and will try to get my wiffie type person to take and post pics of it. Good Luck

We Made these to use for our goats for minerals & baking soda
But I think they will work for chickens too
Cheryl

23354_feeder_003.jpg

23354_feeder_002.jpg

These are some that have been laying around .. DH is washing them now Guess I should have waited to take pictures
roll.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I thought about that but the T fitting cost a lot. The one at a time thing is only an issue if you let it run out. A 3 in to one fitting would work without the elbows.

I was wondering if With your feeders do you have any problems with rain spoiling the feed ? My goat feeders are under cover but the chicken feeders wont be ?
thanks
Cheryl

Back
Top Bottom