pics of my baby coturnix that just hatched

Little_Bigfoot

Songster
9 Years
Feb 1, 2011
Washington
hatched 20 of 30 not to bad for my first coturnix hatch in 11 years.

78676_quail_coop_130.jpg

78676_quail_coop_129.jpg

78676_quail_coop_123.jpg

78676_quail_coop_116.jpg

78676_quail_coop_115.jpg

78676_quail_coop_106.jpg

78676_quail_coop_096.jpg

78676_quail_coop_057.jpg

Very nice! I cannot hatch any babies this year, so I must live vicariously through everyone else's hatches!

Quote:
You should take them out of the racks so they don't hurt themselves just a word to the wise

yep i am a pretty proud papa right now, i just checked my other eggs and only two where unhatched/ early quiters, and the rest were bad, not to bad for eggs literally coming all the way across the united states (florida to washington), the only flaw in this plan is that i will have to wait six weeks for my newbies to start laying i may have to place another order to hold me over till then. also fingers crossed on the ol' butler bobs hatching tomarrow or the next day.

Quote:
You should take them out of the racks so they don't hurt themselves just a word to the wise

Not necessarily, the racks are on the floor. Hatching them upright is actually good. It doesn't hurt them, it actually protects them from becoming a soccer ball...

Quote:

They won't hurt themselves if the turner is off.

Back
Top Bottom