Pics of my new chickies!!

FaithM

In the Brooder
6 Years
Nov 8, 2013
I am a first time chick owner and I got my chicks yesterday! I'm going to have an all-bantam flock and I got 4 chicks from a mixed bantam box but we suspect that we have 2 naked necks, 1 cochin, and 1 australorp or barred rock (not sure yet). I am going to get 3 silkies next week, but here are the ones I have so far!

Dory, a blue naked neck

Cecelia, a partridge naked neck (never seen one of these before)

Russell Crowe, the australorp or barred rock (any speculations?)

Peep, the cochin

I will add more pics of my silkies when I get them!

Cute chicks!
smile.png
Good luck with them!

This one hatched today coolest looking chick I have ever hatched.

Need a better camera the pictures do this chick no justice.

I'm new here too. I just got my first layers today. yellow coloured chicks. I need to know what breed they are, and the best ways to keep them healthy, happy and kicking. I love my chicks.

UPDATES!!

I got 2 silkies and 1 polish on Friday! I have also included updates on the other chicks after 5 days. They're growing wings!! Oh goodness, I'm such a mom.

I will kill you and your family. muahahahaha!

Bear, a golden laced black polish

Nonameyet, a white silkie

Help! Help! I'm being abducted!

Oh.. I'm on camera?
Alsononameyet, a silkie that they said was white, but looks buff to me. Anyone know?

Peep, growing some big feathers that you can't see too well here.

Crowe, looking so very depressed.. He/she's kind of a loner in the brooder too, but very sweet when I hold him/her.

Cecelia, looking so beautiful with her big wings!

And Dory, with her little bitty baby wings. So cute! She pooped right after I took that last photo..

Well there you have it! I'll try to post updates weekly or whenever I see them changing. I was thinking that since they're straight run, you guys could try to guess which ones are hens or roosters and when they're older, we'll see who was right!

UPDATES!!

I got 2 silkies and 1 polish on Friday! I have also included updates on the other chicks after 5 days. They're growing wings!! Oh goodness, I'm such a mom.

I will kill you and your family. muahahahaha!

Bear, a golden laced black polish

Nonameyet, a white silkie

Help! Help! I'm being abducted!

Oh.. I'm on camera?
Alsononameyet, a silkie that they said was white, but looks buff to me. Anyone know?

Peep, growing some big feathers that you can't see too well here.

Crowe, looking so very depressed.. He/she's kind of a loner in the brooder too, but very sweet when I hold him/her.

Cecelia, looking so beautiful with her big wings!

And Dory, with her little bitty baby wings. So cute! She pooped right after I took that last photo..

Well there you have it! I'll try to post updates weekly or whenever I see them changing. I was thinking that since they're straight run, you guys could try to guess which ones are hens or roosters and when they're older, we'll see who was right!
They are absolutely adorable!
love.gif
The chicken breeds I want to get are:
Seramas
Blue Laced Red Wyandottes
Dark Cornish
Naked Necks

Back
Top Bottom