Pics of my Rhodel chicks.

shelleyb1969

Star Bright Farm
11 Years
Jul 24, 2008
Brown City, Michigan (Thumb)
These are pics of 2 of the chicks that I hatched out last week...and more are hatching now. Their daddy is my Delaware roo and mom is 1 of my Rosecomb Rhode Island Red hens. I can't wait to watch them mature. Both breeds of hens have been superb winter layers for me, so I can only expect the same from hens of this cross.

This is at 1 day old:
13587_rhodelfebruary_19_2010_014.jpg

This is 1 of them today at 6 days old:
13587_february_24_2010_014.jpg

This is "Prince", the daddy:
13587_january_2010_011.jpg

This is "Rella", 1 of my RRIR hens and the possible mom:
13587_january_2010_014.jpg

Last edited:
Oooooh!!! Pretty Roo!!! And momma is a lovely little thing herself. The cross should be most interesting to see develop. Please! PLEASE! Post picks in a few more weeks so that we can all see how this cross is progressing! I know I sure would like to see!

Quote:
Thanks so much, Serrin and Kathy!

I will update each week with pics. They're only 6 days old, and they've already got tail feather sprigs!...just tooo cute.
love.gif
I've also got standard dark Cornish and Barred Holland chicks (all the same age as the Rhodels) in the brooder, too. As you know, the standard Cornish get B-I-G!...but these 2 Rhodels are the same size as the Cornish are right now, whereas the Hollands are smaller (which is typical for the breed). I have a feeling that the Rhodels are going to be very big, too. Prince is quite big himself. The pic was taken at the beginning of January when he was 8 months old. He's quite a large roo, but you can't really tell that by the pics.

Back
Top Bottom