1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pics of new Brooder/Broody coop/Breeding pen

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by SundownWaterfowl, Mar 20, 2009.

1. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

They had these rabbit hutches for sale at TSC for $50 cheaper than they normally are. So I got 2.

Very easy to put together, and they are perfect for either a brooder, broody coop, or a breeding pen for a pair or so of bantams.

[​IMG]

Isnt it cute? [​IMG] It will work great for a breeding pair of buff silkies, or a trio of my oegb.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  2. peckndirt

peckndirt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    North Carolina
    How much was it? Looks nice.

3. SundownWaterfowl

Quote:$99 originally $149.99

4. peckndirt

peckndirt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    North Carolina
    Wow Thats not a bad deal.

5. SundownWaterfowl

I had been looking at them for a while, but couldnt bring myself to pay $149, so I was excited when I saw it on sale.

By the way, the plastic gets wrapped around the front of the coop at night to keep the heat in.

6. equus2

equus2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Great deal! [​IMG]

I have one that I used as a nursery for my 6 week old chicks into. Even with a heatlamp, they may get chilled since the floor is open. You may want to put a temporary floor in it, when you're using it to house youngsters. I lost a few at first, until I realized the problem.

EDITED: Yikes, just saw your second post!! You're set!!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  7. SundownWaterfowl

Quote:I also pull the plastic underneath to prevent drafts, etc. Its just a cheap plastic drop cloth. It really works to keep the heat in.

8. equus2

Someone posted this recently....cute idea for tractor conversion.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. SundownWaterfowl

I saw that earlier. Thats a very nice coop. I think I will be rehinging the door the way the chicken tractor has it.

10. equus2

Hadn't noticed that, thanks for pointing it out. This just might become my weekend project....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by