Pics of orpingtons.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by DUCKGIRL89, Nov 21, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    I dont have any yet, but I have a few in the bator. I can hardly wait the 15 days there are left. So can any of you save me and show me pics of your orpingtons? (any colors will do)

2. KarenP

KarenP Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Westport
    Here is Sandy and Delilah. They are 6 months old and should start laying next month. We call the the "Buff Sisters".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  3. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:[​IMG] oh thank you thank you thank you! [​IMG] [​IMG] they are beautiful [​IMG]

I have a friend with a lavender orpington, but all orps are pretty. I have blues, blacks, splashes, and lavenders in the bator. And cant wait for some fuzzys! These will be my first chickens too! Thanks again for the pics! [​IMG]

4. Evelle

Evelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    North Idaho
    [​IMG]
    hey duck girl

this is brownie my mother "adopted" her from me.. though she lives with me...
    she is about 4 months old and not laying yet!!

5. KarenP

KarenP Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Westport
    YW....I wish i could hatch more, but i can't take the chance of hatching any more roosters!! 3 is enough and i get attached so i know i won't get rid of them!!

6. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Hey evelle! Love that BO! Shes a beautie! [​IMG]

KarenP: I get attached to my ducks very easily, and im afraid I wont be able to sell the two ducklings I hatched becuz im attached. [​IMG] but they are gonna have to go sooner or later [​IMG] thats the only bad part of hatching eggs. [​IMG]

7. Evelle

Evelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    North Idaho
    Quote:THSNK YOU!

8. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:THSNK YOU!

Your welcome.

9. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Overrun With Chickens

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    [​IMG]

LOVE LOVE LOVE my Orpington. I thought I wanted a mixed flock for my backyard and now if I could go back and do it all over again, I'd just get Orpingtons. Sweetest bird you could possibly imagine. LOVE her to pieces!!!
    She's just finishing her first molt so she doesn't look like this right now. But I'm hopeful that we're close to getting her back to looking like this again. Ooooo, and I miss her eggs.

10. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Oh my! She is pretty! So glad I went with orpingtons insted of a mixed flock. Now all I need is a buf or two and ill be good. Lol.

Did all my research on all the breeds I liked, and the top two were barred rocks, and orpingtons. Orpingtons won because they came in so many pretty colors. But I still like the BRs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by