PICS of our first day out....3-5 days old.

dwegg

Songster
11 Years
Nov 10, 2009
Grant Park, Atlanta, GA
I just hatched 4 blue, 4 black and 2 splash ameraucana babies...they are 3 and 5 days old..this was our first day out and we all loved it! I gave them a sand tray to play in as well....
44332_12a.jpg

44332_11a.jpg

44332_10a.jpg

44332_9a.jpg

44332_8a.jpg

44332_7a.jpg

44332_6a.jpg

44332_5a.jpg

44332_4a.jpg

44332_3a.jpg

44332_2a.jpg

44332_1a.jpg

and here are my two babies that I had to help out as they were shrink wrapped...three were shrink wrapped and I didn't get to one in time...but these two are doing great!

44332_13a.jpg

44332_14a.jpg

Really nice looking crew of fuzzy-butts!

Time flies with chicks...my little incubated trio are coming up on 3 weeks old this Tuesday and Wednesday evening respectively, and they are already losing a lot of their down, getting significantly larger, and taking stabs at flying short-hop distances. Their appetites have become prodigious just this last week, and they are definitely each showing more individual personality. Before long, I'll need to introduce them (gradually) to my existing small flock of Australorps - some of which (I think) are now not far from laying age.

Lightfoote

Lovely! I like the idea of a sand tray. Where did you get the sand from?

Hi
smile.png

Is there a way to sex the blue black splash Ameraucanas with their wing feathers? Or do you have to have them professionally sexed or wait for the crow? Also I notice one of mine that is dark has alot of silver as the second color while one that is similar has a bright yellow as a contrast. Would one be a blue and one a black? Or would they both be black since they are dark. Thanks for the help
smile.png
. I think we might go outside on a field trip today to! The little one with the yolk sak is up and running around acting fine
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
hey Melissa..funny you ask this as I just wing sexed mine this morning...if you hold out their little wings, on the girls you should see two rows of wing tips..one long one short...and the boys just have one row all the same length...i'll try and take a pic to show you..

my girls are 1x spalsh, 1x silver (light blue), 1x blue, 2x black

boys are 1x black, 1x blue, 1x splash (I think?)

not sure... 1x black, 1x blue....

That is to my untrained eye...and I really hope the splash is not a boy...that is the one I saved from the egg! actually both of those look like boys!!!!!

also in my #4 pic the blacks are to the far right in the sand and easy to tell the blues and the splash...get a pic of your guys now they are fluffy would love to see...

Back
Top Bottom