Pics of our new coop

Very, Very nice.
love.gif

I have a hen identical to your black and gold with green legs. If you know what cross she is, I would like to know.

Looks darn good to me. I use dog kennels for runs also, throw me some chicken wire across the top and add some roosts. They like sleeping in the run on the hot nights.

That's a real fine coop . . . a very good job!

Quote:
Now, see that might be a problem from the get-go. I'm no expert on this breed but I seem to remember that an Araucana is distinguished as being "rumpless." That is - it has no tail.

So, having been sold a bird that doesn't live up to claims on 2 counts
hmm.png
, you would be justified in getting rid of him. Right?

Steve

Great coop and run! Very sparky and uplifted looking. Welcome to the fun chicken life...
oh - some people might say you need more chickens but I don't think so. I think that having just the right amount is good. More isn't always better. I love my kids but I don't need more kids. I love my guy but I don't need more guys. I love my chickens and I just need more time for loving all these dang critters!

la banan

Beautiful coop. You have enough nest boxes for 40-50 chickens. I don't know what hatchery you feed store deals with, but most hatcheries give a 90% guarantee of them all being pullets. So far I have been lucky and have ordered all pullets and have gotten all pullets. I just got a dozen more chicks. Hopefully they are all pullets too.

digitS' :

Quote:
Now, see that might be a problem from the get-go. I'm no expert on this breed but I seem to remember that an Araucana is distinguished as being "rumpless." That is - it has no tail.

So, having been sold a bird that doesn't live up to claims on 2 counts
hmm.png
, you would be justified in getting rid of him. Right?

Steve

Ahhhhh!!!

Well let me tell ya. We had very little help with the breeds at the store when we purchased them (@ Atwood's if anyone if familar with them?) and I was really just going on what my daughter (age 8) told me. LOL But she's my little smarty, gifted & talented child and 9 times out of 10 she knows exactly what she's talking about because when she gets interested in something she studies it intensely and reads books like she's having a test her life depends on. LOL She generally knows WAAAY more about most subjects having to do with animals that most adults I know.
wink.png

But that being said, she IS just a little kid with no prior poultry experience and is probably wrong. Hmmmm.....now I wonder what kind it really is?

Some of these guys are very identifiable. The Barred Rocks & Rhode Island Reds come to mind. But I'll admit that I was a bit confused on the Auraconas and the Brown Leghorns. Neither of us have any clue what the bantam is. Ugly? Is that a breed? LOL

They (the regular size pullets) were all in a big pen together with a list of what breeds were included in the "bunch" and my daughter had studied her Murry McMurry catalog for months. The catalog had pics of what the chicks looked like and I guess that's what she used to try to identify what type of chicks they were.

I need to take some pics and let you guys tell me what they are. Especially the roo. He was crowing up a storm this morning. Hilarious!!​

Back
Top Bottom