Pics of PVC runs please?

andrew6d9

Songster
8 Years
Apr 25, 2011
Hanover Adams County, PA
Can you post some pics of chicken runs made out of PVC pipe. I would like to see how you attach these to your coop and i would like to see them tall enough to walk in. Thanks if you can post!
smile.png

Well, mine's not attached to the coop since the coop is not done yet. I'm planning on using turnbuckles to attach them at the bottom. There's also going to be a connection at the chicken door, but I haven't messed with that yet. I'm planning to use either a ramp or a little fold-down landing that starts in the coop, and enters the run through a hole. Maybe I'll get to that tomorrow.

82401_060_small.jpg

Mine measures 4x8 and is 5 feet tall. I do need to stoop a little, but I'm not planning on spending much time in there. Some kind of person-access was important to me, though.

Last edited:
91707_img_1380.jpg
this is a 10'x10' pvc pen, bird netting on top, my tractor is enclosed. So far, all is going well with 2 Light Brahmas, 3 Cochin and as yet an undetermined number of BCM that are pullets. Am putting shade cloth on the top as the summer heat has already started. Everything put together with zipties, light weight to move, has held up to our winds well.
smile.png

Thanks for the kind words, so new to chickens but absolutely am fascinating with this new venture after horses and dogs!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom