DSC03137.jpg

DSC03138.jpg

DSC03050.jpg

thanx chickencharmer

i see your in northern ca to huh?

i'm up in crescent city
big_smile.png

Quote:
You mean Golden Laced Wyandotte? Never heard of a golden laced splash, or is "Splash" its name? Pretty birds.

sorry shes a golden laced wyandotte splash (splash is the color pattern)

her name is goldie

the wyandotte roos name is roo roo

the RiR roosters name is mister red
cool.png

Hmm, where did you hear that? I raise Blue/Black/Splash Orpingtons as well as, in the past, raised Blue/Black/Splash Ameraucanas and never saw that color referred to as "splash". Generally speaking, splash is a white bird with "accent" feathers. A splash Wyandotte would look like these below, except, of course, with a different comb. They look like nice healthy birds, though! :)Below are two splash birds:
DCP_6003.jpg

DCP_1699.jpg

Quote:
ok here is what Tim said in the genetics thread i posted

"The wyandottes you have do not carry all of the genes they need to be gold laced. Female only carries one set of the Melanotic and patten genes. The male appears to be missing one pattern gene."

so i guess she isn't a splash

so here's my questions what would happen if i crossed her and my gold laced rooster?

would the hens look like her at all?

and would i end up with my own breed of wyandotte?

Well, Tim is definitely the person to help you out with any genetics question-he's been extremely helpful to me in the past. I'm not sure how the chicks would turn out, but I'd guess they would be laced, just not very well. I know more about barring than lacing.

Back
Top Bottom