Pics of Steven at Ft. Jackson (Pic - Heavy!!!)

Thank you so much. I won't be on much until after the leaves tonight, then I may be glued to the computer for solace. I'm also in a pretty hard doctoral class right now so that is keeping me tied up in knots too.

From being on the "inside of the fence" so to speak, Contact from home makes all the difference in the world. I got tons of letters from my mom while I was in boot camp, it made the hard days not quite as hard. I couldn't write as much but I hoped my letters back made her days better.

Wishing you all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steve in NC

Well sent my daughter about 6 months ago..She is in yakota Japan now I thought I was never gonna get through it we have a tight family unit..But a lap top and skype is GREAT!!! When they are in boot camp lots and lots of letters they need it for support..Remember they line up to get mail and love to get it....
Hope you make it.. And the best of luck to your son and don't worry so much he will make it...
frow.gif

Well, he is now in El Paso at the hotel, I'll see him in the morning for his re-swearing, then go to the airport for final hugs and goodbye's. We took a bunch of pics in the front yard to compare them when he comes home in August, I'll live until then, I think..

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

I know what you're going through only on a different level....(meaning Jason is deployed and my husband)....
If I can handle an 18++ month deployment, and then turn around and do another 14+++ deployment, I know you can do this.....(Goodness I sound like I am preaching...WHICH I'M NOT.....)
Just meaning......I know you can do it.....All the technology now-a-days will seem like he's in the next room......And just think....Now you can go to 'China Star' and not have to SHARE!!!!! lol (yes, I am still thinking of that resturant and would love to be eatting there RIGHT NOW!!!!!)

Even wanna talk, blow off steam, cry, etc. etc. just email....Wish I was closer but WI to NM is a long distance, so all I can offer is an email shoulder, or phone call shoulder if you ever need one.....

Shawna

Steven just made his last cell phone call to me, they just rolled through the gates of Ft. Jackson. Please everyone, please keep him in your prayers and thoughts, my baby is going to need them to make it through this. He started having second thoughts last night, it was nerves talking, he called me at about 9pm to say he thought he might have jumped the gun, and maybe he's too young still, but I think he'll be ok. Now I start selling everything I can get my hands on to make sure I have the money to go see him graduate in August!
I'll post pics of him we took before he left yesterday and today, then more when he gets back for a comparison. I'm taking this much harder than I thought I would. I'm wondering now how my family felt when I left.

I wish you 2 the best of luck... I am crying as I type this remembering those boot camp blues...Just remember to write him I know this seems funny but we wrote everyday..That way my daughter got a letter every day those letters mean alot...Boot camp is ruff and that letter remembering home makes a big difference..
Hope you are handeling it well..I think that last minute fear hits them all..Funny that is when I actully got chickens..They defenetly keep me busy.....
Well keeping you and Steven in our prayers..
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

And wishing the best of Luck
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom