Pics of Steven at Ft. Jackson (Pic - Heavy!!!)

He is a good looking man, and I see some steel in those eyes. He's going to be fine once the jolt wears off.

WoW is MoM, upside down, which is how MoM feels right now!
hugs.gif

If he starts missing chickens, he is welcome to come get a fix here. Though I don't have anyone even close to Nugget! Well, I do have one with the bold personality, but he's a bantam Golden sebright!

Weather check Mom- it's probably raining off and on, with thunderstorms. Scattered storms all day in Columbia.

When he can get care packages and mail, please post his address- wouldn't it be fun for him to get mail and packages from all over? Enough cookies, and he'll be the most popular guy there!
lau.gif

Make sure you write, the lonliest thing is standing in formation for mail call and your name doesn't get called.
I got home and yelled at everyone for not writing more.
I did basic at Fort Jackson its not a bad place of course that was 29 years ago. wow am I old!

I will post his address as soon as I have it. I already have letters written in envelopes to mail. I'm looking forward to August and being there for his graduation!

One of my daughter's friends went through boot camp last summer - he just graduated high school last weekend - and he was SO grown up when he came home!

Wishing you and him the best!

He'll be thrilled, I just got his report card and letter stating that he is a senior next year, the exciting part though is he only needs 2 more credits to graduate! He won't have to do a full year unless he wants to. He's passed all of his competencies in all subjects so he doesn't have to retake any tests his senior year.

Edited because I was excited my spelling was awful!

Last edited:
Did he take extra change? My sister sent me a roll of quarters, because it was probably 2 weeks till we were able to get money for coke machines. I know machines are probably dollarbill ones now, but at the time that was a wonderful thing to get.
old.gif

I just got a text message from Steven saying it's the last time he can use his phone, he'll write when he can. They go to their training battalions in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom