1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pics of the chicky kids and their new house!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by GottaLuvChicks, Oct 20, 2010.

1. GottaLuvChicks

GottaLuvChicks Out Of The Brooder

Oct 17, 2010
    Dillsburg, PA
    Well, I figured it was time to post some pics of the chicky kids and their "new" house (a converted huge old wooden dog house). These are all Polish Laced chickies, 4 buff and 1 black and white. They are all about 8 months old now, and should start laying soon. Barney and Tater both have been squatting a lot, so we are hoping for some good eggs to incubate and raise up baby chicks!

The girls!
    Meet Oreo!
    [​IMG]

Meet Nina!
    [​IMG]

Meet Barney!
    [​IMG]

Meet Tater! (she's hanging out with Spike, our roo). She is a bearded, and definitely the "top hen" in the group.
    [​IMG]

All the girls hanging out together
    [​IMG]

The one "lonely" roo, Spike!
    [​IMG]

The new house. I converted a huge old wooden dog house to have 3 nest boxes, a flip up roof in the back, a roost and a flip down door that doubles as a ramp. They LOVE it in there, and like to hang out under it during the day.
    [​IMG]

The cutest chicken farmer ever, our youngest boy Nathen.
    [​IMG]

2. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    Beautiful birds and they all look very happy! Nathen is adorable too, I love the John Deere hoodie he is sporting! [​IMG]

3. Rachel'sFlock

Rachel'sFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Love Oreo, and her (?) name!
    Yes! Nathen is the cutest chicken farmer I've ever seen!

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

So pretty. [​IMG]

5. GottaLuvChicks

GottaLuvChicks Out Of The Brooder

Oct 17, 2010
    Dillsburg, PA
    Thanks all!

Michelle, John Deere is a HUGE thing in our house, to the point that I had a John Deere themed wedding reception lol.

Rachel, yes, Oreo is a little girl. Prissy little thing too lol

6. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    Quote:Oh how neat! We are getting ready to start a remodel in the kitchen and I have decided a John Deere themed for it. There are so many cool things out there for it anymore. My goats and dog also all have John Deere collars and bandannas!

7. Chick named Lola

Chick named Lola Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Maryland
    Wow, fancy birds! They are beautiful!

8. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Nice coop and lovely top-knots!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by