Pics of the new Button Quail babies

I think button quail eggs are just too tiny for me to be trying to peel and pickle. I am sure they would be good but too much trouble in my opinion. Look like a bluebird egg or a tiny big larger. I just don't think I will be doing that. I am so thankful for them. I can't believe I got any to hatch and I just love them already. Will be setting up their new home tomorrow in an old aquarium. I can't wait till I can sit and watch them playing around in there.

Thanks so much to everyone for your nice comments. I got the eggs from jkcove08 and wyldehorses

Marie

How the heck to they fit in those tiny eggs?!!?!?!
I have a bunch in the 'bator now, and I honestly don't see how something even that size could come out of those eggs!

I'm just a tad jealous... many little glitches in our incubation period and I don't think any of mine are going to hatch.
sad.png

OMG! How can anything so tiny even live? Their teeny hearts must be the size of a grain of rice! Please, please, PLEASE promise me you will submit these photos to cuteoverload.com. The one inside your ring is absolutely PRECIOUS!
smile.png

Check out for alot of helpful info on the breed, they even have a couple members from NZ and AU! Very cool, they have different colors over there then we do and vise virsa! Very friendly helpful people too!
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/ButtonQuailUSA/

Aww they are adorable!!
I sold the last of my quail this weekend, one gal here acutally bought a pair and we didnt even know we were from the same fourm. They are so adorable and so fragile as chicks and even adults!

I agree the BQ eggs are just a tad to small to mess with with cooking and peeling to pickle, I cooked mine up and mashed them shell and all and fed them back to the birds! When I had my coturnix I pickled those eggs, and hard boiled them for my kids, they LOVED the bite sized hard boiled eggs!!

Congrats!!

Marie, They are just precious. I am glad the hatched our for you. I had button quail in an aviary I had years ago. They lay eggs like crazy. I never hatched any button but I did try Bobwhite. Those guys move fast so be careful.

Back
Top Bottom