pics of what the "squat" look like!!!!

Barnmaradotte

Songster
9 Years
Jun 13, 2011
eugene
ok so they aren't the best angle cause it happens so fast. but got them for those that want to see what it looks like.
95915_2011-08-09_17-31-42_470.jpg

95915_2011-08-09_17-32-04_553.jpg

So they will do the squat only when being pet? Or will the do the squat on their own?
I am approaching my 5th month with these girls..I am of course DYING for my first
egg.

thanks for posting.

Those are great pictures! So cute your little one knows how to get her to squat! My girls have been squatting for a while, but today was the first time one let me pet her and scratch her back while she was in a squat. She is the Top Hen and was very bossy and independent until she started to lay two weeks ago. Ever since she is my shadow and obviously thinks I am her roo. She sticks to me like glue when I am outside and she goes with me in the coop to gather eggs, just talking up a storm.

My 10 yr old son is more anxious for eggs than I am. I showed him these pics and thought he was going to go running right out to see if the girls would "squat."

Thanks for the helpful info!

thanks. those 2 are my mutt grade barnevelders but they are pretty. I will try to get a picture of the slw squat because of the light colored wings it would be easier to see.

Back
Top Bottom