Pics of your most colorful eggs!!

That green egg looks perfectly blue in the photo above. No wonder graphic artists rely on PANTONE numbers to describe colors. Digital media must drive them crazy with the way it warps colors.

It's very difficult to take accurate pics of colored eggs...even if it looks right on your monitor, it can look totally different on someone else's. This is actually a green egg....taken with a smart phone and totally untouched.
Thank you, the first egg of the thread looks florscent blue on my screen thus my distrust, but your egg looks pretty blue as well. Not as electric but pretty bright.

If your camera has an auto setting and you're taking a pic inside with insufficient lighting (without flash), then your camera takes a "night" photo which seems add and intensify blue.

Last edited:
If your camera has an auto setting and you're taking a pic inside with insufficient lighting (without flash), then your camera takes a "night" photo which seems add and intensify blue.
Oh, that's interesting.......wasn't my camera, a friends 'smart' phone and she's not very tech savvy.

I'll have to ask her where she took the pic......
......I'm guessing in her coop late in the day (pretty dark in there) and it looks like it has flash.

I did an auto color correct in Photoshop and the egg showed to be green. The hand looks more realistic color, so I'd think this is pretty close to the real color.

Last edited:
But the point is @COChix
...that egg is actually GREEN in real life...

Oh that was not lost on me, I was just merely stating it looked blue.

Oh, that's interesting.......wasn't my camera, a friends 'smart' phone and she's not very tech savvy.

I'll have to ask her where she took the pic......
......I'm guessing in her coop late in the day (pretty dark in there) and it looks like it has flash.

Never knew that, thanks for the tip!

I didn't know you could do that! How cool!

Well, I learned something new today as well. Thanks all!

I did an auto color correct in Photoshop and the egg showed to be green. The hand looks more realistic color, so I'd think this is pretty close to the real color.

Good point about the hand...I haven't seen this egg in person yet, but it's out of an olive egger covered by Welsummer.

It may not be colorful, but it is special. It is my first egg from my ladies & my first time owning chickens as an adult!

Back
Top Bottom